Sunday, October 16, 2011

Week 2 Photo Challenge: Professional Photo of you working


This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago during a recording a few friends of mine did here in the studio at A.I. My friend wanted to do a live acoustic cover of a song for her demo reel and asked me to be the studio musician for the track. We went back and forth on bands to cover before we finally decided to use Muses song Time is Running Out. We broke down the recording into four main tracks. One is the acoustic guitar playing rhythm. One is another acoustic playing lead. One is the bass which follows the rhythm guitar and the final track was of the Cajon. My Cajon is one of my favorite instruments that I own. Its a small wooden percussion box that can give out a lot of different sounds depending on how you hit it. So we tracked out the entire session in protools and knocked it out in a couple of hours. For instruments and mics we used a Taylor acoustic and a Fender Precession bass. My Cajon was made by Meinl. An sm 57, beta 52, rode nt5's and a pair of earthwork mic were used for the entire recording. My friend did one mix of the session which she made very rock/electric sounding compared to the current mix I'm currently working on which is a lot more natural and organic sounding. I plan on putting the recording up soon for listening. At the end of the day though I couldn't be happier with how the recording went.

No comments:

Post a Comment