Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week 4 Photo Challenge: Original Move Poster


This is a short film that I wrote a couple of months ago after a group of friends and I had just finished the 48 Hour Film Festival. The idea of the short came up as a second choice for the first short we filmed for the festival. The whole concept was to do this dark musical that really hasn't been done before. The tone that I was going for was very Tim Burton. The screenplay is written along with a bunch of other preproduction work for the short. It was put on hold for the time being but I hope that sometime in the future I can get around to it and shoot it. I planned it out to be around 15 minutes long making it one of the longest projects that I have ever attempted to work on. Three songs were to be sung in the musical all with very wide ranges. The best way I could put the sound and look was Trent Reznor meets Edgar Allen Poe. (Side note I tweeted that and Trent Reznor actually retweeted it!) But anyways I hope to get it filmed and off the ground sometime soon. Until then it will sit with the other stacks of screenplays.

No comments:

Post a Comment