Saturday, October 29, 2011

Week 3 Photo Challenge: Storyboard for a commercial


Here is a example of a storyboard that I recently did for a commercial that I plan on shooting some time this week. The ad is for the sunglasses company RayBan. I used there Wayfarer model for the campaign since it is easily there most recognizable pair of glass's. I am going for a very rough feel for the tone of the commercial. I was inspired by the movie Drive for the look and style of the ad which lead me to pick the song Tick of the Clock by The Chromatics for the music in the back. The shots are going to be very slow and dramatic pulling all of the attention to the glasses but allowing you to see the person in action wearing them. I chose people in motion doing something exciting because that's the feeling that a lot of people get when wearing RayBans. They are more than sunglasses, they have become a huge part of pop culture and can be seen throughout the better half of the last century worn by some of the most talented and famous people. I wanted to take that history and combine it with the every day person. The one who walks to get where they need to be, rides there bike, drives there car, and cruises on there skateboard. Its for everyday people in motion. I hope when someone sees the commercial it will evoke a feeling of drive and passion in somebody. Everybody moves, but something is different when you move with RayBans.

No comments:

Post a Comment