Saturday, October 29, 2011

Week 3 EOC: Where are you now and where are you going?

After 3 years of college I find myself in a interesting place between audio and video. My entire life I've only been focused on music. Recording, playing, mixing, its what I've done since I became a musician. I went to college solely focused on this one thing. But after meeting people and working on different projects I became very interested in video. Before college I had never even picked up a camera with the thought of trying to tell a story. I bought my first camera a year ago and since then everything has changed. I'm constantly in between projects and if something music or audio based pops up I grab it. But at the same time I find myself writing screenplays and shooting shorts. I work part time with a live event company doing everything from djing to stage setups which I think lends to my knack of doing a lot of different things. Eventually I see myself much more focused on video productions. I would like to build a name for myself as a director and have the opportunity to work on productions that I have creative direction of. I don't want to single myself out so I will continue to do video and audio both as jobs arise. In the end though I would like to end up in California working on both films and with bands. I know I have the capabilities to do both so why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment