Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 6 EOC: How do I see my role starting in the industry?

As I've said before in a previous post I really had a late start in film. I've been watching movies and analyzing them for years but I didn't really get into the nuts and bolts of film making until about a year ago. Audio has always been in my blood, I went to school for years as a guitar player; audio was all I knew. But I believe since I've been in school my love of audio bumped me into video. For me film was really the next logical step in having a career in the entertainment business. As of now my time spent in creating is really all over the place. I write music, play, write screenplays, shoot shorts; I honestly do it all. But when I think about how I see myself starting into the industry I believe I'm really going to have to hone in on one of my skills. To this point I'm willing to bet for the time being I'm going to stick with film. I would like to be able to do enough of my own small projects over time and build a portfolio for myself that eventually other people will want to come to me to work on there projects. I personally prefer telling stories to commercial videos. Can you make money shooting commercials and doing little ads? Absolutely! But that's not necessarily what I want to focus in on. If shooting the next Honda ad is going to give me the chance to work on and fund my next film I would absolutely do it in a heart beat. But you won't find me trying to make a career shooting concerts or Tide ads. I love movies, I want to make movies, and I will find a way to work into the business to do it for a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment