Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 7 EOC: Biggest problem creating business plan

To this point forming my business plan has been a bit of a challenge to me. I love what goes into making a production and planning for one but I never really looked into how to sustain a business doing it as a career.The most challenging thing for me is not so much making the business plan but actually being honest with myself to how I need to mold the company into something that I truly care about and what services I legitimately am good at and take interest in. Breaking my services down line by line and putting a "plan" with a price behind it is kind of a scary thought for some reason for me. Maybe its just the fact that to this point I've always done things on a whim. I have always freelanced and shot my little videos on a whim. But now I'm having to look at this as a business. When will I shoot? How much would I charge for the shoot? What kind of services can I offer? These are all things that I've honestly never really sat down, thought about, researched, and executed a plan for it. But as I develop my plan I have more confidence in my role as a individual in the entertainment industry. Getting everything up and running is going to take some hard work and time. But I'm positive once I finally get this under my belt I will have a new outlook on my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment