Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekl 6 Photo Challenge: Special Effects


This screen capture is from a short film I did awhile back called No Bueno. The film is about a young tagger who winds up in pet cemetery after he runs from the cops. After he tags a headstone of a dog called "Bueno", he begins to hear noises of animals and starts becoming paranoid. From there its all about his escape. You can check it out on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BLC-bjgack. But more on the actual screen shot. I myself am not a huge special effects guy. Partly because that's really not my strong point in film making. I love seeing them but when it comes to low budget filmmaking I feel like often times its better to have a solid story shot in the camera rather then some lavish special effects film that sucks. For this shot though I had a cool idea of while the tagger is doing his thing you see a montage of his painting. One of my favorite ideas was of him tagging the camera and seeing the paint on screen. I had my friend help out with executing it because at the time I had no knowledge of after effects, I just really had the idea. But I'm pretty happy with the way the shot came out. As I get more comfortable with fx I will eventually start incorporating them a little more. Until then story is king and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment